Well, obviously there are no direct flights to Watamu, the 2 closest airports are Malindi and Mombasa. All the international flights land directly into Mombasa or into Nairobi, and then from Nairobi you can fly down to Malindi or to Mombasa with a local flight.
We can then arrange the transfer to/from one of these two airports to the Lodge. You should plan roughly 25 min. drive from Malindi to the Lodge and 2 hours drive from Mombasa to the Lodge.
OpenFlights.org is an interesting web site where, with a simple search, you can find all the airlines flying into or out from any airport. Check the connections from your country using NBO (Nairobi airport) or MBA (Mombasa airport) as your final destination.
And how do I fly from Nairobi to Malindi or Mombasa?
Well, we prepared a really handy timetable for the flights to/from Malindi, even if keeping it updated is not an easy task, check it out or directly visit the airline’s website:
- AirKenya has regular flights from Nairobi to Malindi or Mombasa (from Wilson Airport).
- Fly540 has a daily flight from Nairobi to Malindi (as well as other flights from Nairobi to Mombasa)
- Fly-Sax has 6 flights a week to Malindi (from Wilson Airport).
- Kenya Airways operates regular flights from Nairobi to Malindi or Mombasa several times a day
- Jambo Jet flies daily from Nairobi to Malindi
- Silverstone Air has recently added Malindi among its destinations (from Wilson Airport).
If you prefer a private charter, or an aero-taxi, you can contact these companies:
- 748 Air Services
- African Express Airways
- Boskovic Air Charters
- Mombasa Air Safari
- Reliance Air Charter
- Tropic Air
- Yellow Wings
or you can opt for a Helicopter Service: